Let’s face it, something happens to you and whether you admit it or not, you’re a little bit scared.
Some people take immediate action while others don’t know what to do, leaving them feeling completely lost and alone.
If you’re in the lost and alone category, the following may be helpful to begin your first steps:
- Know your rights as an Oklahoma citizen
– If you don’t know where to begin, don’t stress, an attorney can help.
- Shop around for an attorney
– Your best friend’s brother’s attorney from 3 years ago may not be the right fit for you; that’s okay, keep looking.
- Gather any and all information you have regarding your complaint
– Written (text messages/emails/letters/receipts/bills…), recorded (video/audio)
- Communication is key
– If you’ve ever been in a relationship you’ve heard it a thousand times. The relationship you have with your attorney is no different; COMMUNICATE!
- Be honest
– With communication comes honesty along for the ride. You want an attorney to work for you, to do everything in their power to obtain the outcome you want and deserve. As awesome as the attorney you choose may be, they need your help by giving them honest information.
Regardless of your situation, remember you need to do what you feel and or know is best for you.