CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATIONS
Attorneys at Smolen Law have extensive experience in representing clients in federal court on civil rights claims, including claims concerning highly complex legal and factual issues. Under federal law, every person has a right to freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, freedom of religion, equal protection, and the right to protection against discrimination.
The law provides civil remedies for violations of such rights, and we will relentlessly pursue clients’ interests concerning the violation of their protected rights.
Areas of our expertise include but are not limited to:
- Hate crimes; excessive force and other constitutional violations by law enforcement officials or public officials; human trafficking and involuntary servitude; force, threats or physical obstruction to interfere with reproductive healthcare services; force, threats or physical obstruction to interfere with the right to vote based on race, color, national origin, or religion.
- Disability Rights
- Claims filed against state or local government or a public accommodation for not appropriately accommodating many persons with mobility and other impairments.
- Educational Opportunities
- The protection of pupils in public schools from harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or religion; the offering of English Language Learner (ELL) for students to overcome language barriers; discrimination based on disability and failure to offer appropriate disability-related services and accommodations; and discrimination from receiving federal funds on the basis of race, color, national origin, or race.
- Discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, based on race, color, religion, or national origin; discrimination against employment based on military service; and discrimination based on immigration status.
- Federal Coordination and Compliance
- Regarding denial of federal assistance, such as social security benefits, due to discrimination against race, color, or national origin, including limited English proficiency.
- Housing Discrimination
- Discrimination as denial of credit or mortgage; denial of services in public accommodations; or denial from religious assemblies and institutions.
- Regarding the right to vote under federal laws, such as the Voting Rights Act, the Uniformed and Overseas Absentee Voting Act, the National Voter Registration Act, the Help America Vote Act, and the Civil Rights Acts.
GET SMART. GET SMOLEN.
Smolen Law’s mission is to provide exceptional legal services with integrity, professionalism and respect. Choose the Oklahoma law firm that gets results—Smolen Law.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
No recovery, no fee.
(But let’s be honest, that rarely happens.)